Inviting Clients to iCouch
Last Updated -
In iCouch, adding your clients is important for a few reasons:
- It allows you to communicate using Messaging
- They can see upcoming appointments
- They can pay invoices
- They can view and/or complete forms, documents or files
The free iCouch client account also gives them access to a personal To Do list and they can create and store documents, files and forms of their own. So, for example, if clients like to keep a journal, they can do that within their free iCouch account. There's the added benefit of anything they store within iCouch being highly secure -- and HIPAA-compliant. Unlike Google docs or other free cloud-based systems, iCouch is HIPAA-compliant so it's a safe place.
A client does not need a client account to join a video session but they do need one to send messages.
Inviting your Clients to iCouch
When you create a new client, be sure the boxes for "Consents to Email Notifications" and "Invite to iCouch" are checked like this:
When you save this client, the following things happen:
- The client receives an invitation email. (You can customize this email message by going to your settings. See this article to learn more about your iCouch Settings options.)
- The client will show as "Invited" in your client record.
The email invitation they receive looks like this:
When they click the link in the email, they'll be taken to a page to create a password. They don't need to do anything other than choose a password. Their name and email is pre-filled based on their information. They can update their information later, but they have to use the same email you invited them with (this is for security.)
The password creation/client sign up page looks like this:
Checking the Status of an Invited Client
In the following image, you can see some sample clients.
- Annie Noda has not been invited yet. That’s why there is an Invite button.
- Vince Gill has been invited and has a client account. That’s why “Secure Message” is available.
- David and Rashida have been invited but have not yet set up a client account. If you want to re-send the invitation email, you would click “Re-Send.”
Clients should never sign up for a therapist account. This occasionally happens. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think this happened and provide the client's email address and we'll get it sorted out right away!