With iCouch Secure Messaging, you can have text-chat sessions, or just send a quick message to a client. Here’s an overview of how Messaging works:
NOTE: Clients do not have to book anything to chat with you with Messaging. They can send you messages (and you can send them replies anytime.)
Create a Messaging Appointment Type
If you create a Messaging Appointment Type, clients and potential clients can book those sessions from your Public Calendar. Alternatively you can manually create an appointment in your Calendar.
**Before you can have a Messaging appointment, your client will have needed to create a free account.
How to know if your client has an account
- Visit the People section by clicking on "People" in the left sidebar.
- Look for your client's listing
- If you see "Secure Message" as an option under the Contact column, that means your client has an iCouch account.
When your client does not have an account
- Visit the People section and look for your client’s listing.
- Click the "Invite" button.
- The client will receive an invitation email. This could happen instantly or take up to a few minutes depending on their email system speed.
- When they click the link in the email, they’ll be asked to create a password to sign up.
- After they've done this, you'll see the "Send Message" option available in your client's listing.
Using the Messaging Session
- Visit your Messaging section.
- Start a new conversation.
- Select your client. If your client has not set up an account, you won't see their name available.
- You can then start typing your message.
- Messaging works similar to other chat programs you have used before. You can chat in real-time or you can respond to messages later.
- Your client can also message you by visiting the Messages section within their account.
**You can use Messaging with your clients any time (not just for appointments.) It's a great, HIPAA-compliant replacement for email.
Unread Message Notifications for your Client
Be sure you have checked the box in your client's record "Consents to Email Notifications" to ensure they get notifications of new messages when they are away. If your client has a mobile number, you can also add that to their record and they'll receive SMS notifications for new messages, once you’ve confirmed consent for SMS notifications with your client.
Notifications are HIPAA-compliant names or any other content is never sent in a notification. The notification is just a generic notice that there is a new messages on iCouch. This protects the privacy of your client.
Unread Message Notifications for you
If you have provided a mobile number in your account settings, and opted-in to SMS notifications, you will receive an SMS when you have new messages. You will also receive an email notification for new messages as well.
If you need more help or have questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!